In the center of Kiev on Khreschatyk street, a fire occurred in the restaurant. Information about the fire was received at 7.38, according to the State service for emergency situations in Kyiv on Saturday, 25 August.
According to rescuers, the fire started on the ground floor of a 7 storey administrative building in the restaurant’s kitchen.
… rescuers started fire extinguishing. However, to fully extinguish the fire could not due to the fact that for a long time failed to shut off the power in the building and from time to time with the electrical wiring, the voltage which is 380 v, was the spark. At the risk of life, the rescuers did not allow the fire to spread to a large area”, – stated in the message
After the representatives of Kyiv DTEK power 9.44 turned off the power to the building, firefighters began a full-fledged fire. At 9.56 the fire was extinguished.
See gallery: On Khreshchatyk burned restaurant
According to rescuers, the fire damaged the electrical wiring, partially burned and demolished a 20 square meters of roof extension.
Injured and dead there. The cause of the fire is established.
Earlier in Vyshgorod near Kiev was a large-scale fire.
News from the Reporter.net Telegram. Subscribe to our channel https://t.me/korrespondentnet