Press Secretary of the President of Russia Dmitry Peskov refused to confirm or deny media reports about delivery of s-300 to Syria. His words leads RIA Novosti on Monday, April 23.
“I am not going to comment in any way. I just remind you of the statement made by President [Vladimir] Putin after a missile attack on a sovereign country in violation of the foundations of international law. In fact, missile attack is considerably worsened the atmosphere around Syria and Syrian settlement. Was caused great damage to international law and the spirit of cooperation to find a political settlement,” — said the representative of the Kremlin.
So Sands responded to the question about the risk of deterioration of relations of Russia with other countries in connection with the possible supply of s-300 to Syria.
Earlier on Monday, the newspaper “Kommersant” reported that the question of transferring the Syrian army anti-aircraft missile complexes (ZRK) With-300 “Favorit” is practically solved. According to the publication, SAM is scheduled to be transferred to Damascus on a gratuitous basis within the framework of rendering military-technical assistance.
On 20 April the Minister of foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Lavrov said that Moscow no longer had any moral obligations, do not allow to supply weapons to Syria.
United States, France and Britain on the night of April 14 struck Syrian sites that allegedly produced and stored chemical weapons.More important news Telegram-channel “Tape days”. Signed!