Penrith school “pedophile ring”: the First man charged

The 67-year-old Queensland man allegedly molested sexually boy at the now-defunct Daruk Training School in Berkshire Park in the 1970s, but AAP understands, he was not a member of the staff.

The school has been entrusted with the care of young offenders and troubled Teens but detectives 80 of the guys found, usually at the age of 10 to 14 — suffered “significant sexual abuse”.

The police is urging the other, who lived in Daruk from 1965 to 1985, to come to the front. “We need to reach out to these victims,” Detective Superintendent Brett McFadden told reporters in Sydney on Monday.

Detectives, the investigation of allegations of the horrific, historic sex offences at a Penrith boys’ home, have their first arrest.

“The number that come forward to describe their accounts of so what can only be considered terrible experiences.”

So far, more than 25 employees, members, or people associated with the school have been identified as persons of interest, although some of them are now deceased.

Detectives believe that the already long list of victims could grow substantially — calculated as the number of people, about the abuse.

The 67-year-old man was arrested in Brisbane, at the end of February and the delivery of New South Wales.

He will face Penrith local court on the 2. March 19 historic cost, including assault and sodomy on boys, aged 12 and 13, in the late 1970s. More will be said as “immediate”, the police, the.

The detained man is led to a police car by a detective from Strike Force Eckersley.

Many of the victims had a history with the police.

“(But) we are not to evaluate,” Supt McFadden said on Monday, adding to hope the detectives to be a “chance”.

The investigators do not exclude the possibility of crime “transcends” the school as the victim and the perpetrator by other health care facilities.

The 67-year-old was released on bail, when he appeared in Penrith NSW police is a challenge the judgment in court on Wednesday.