The trial of the Russians in Iraq has postponed to March

GROZNY, February 14 – RIA Novosti. The trial of the Russians contained in the Baghdad prison on terrorism charges and is scheduled for February 15, rescheduled for early March, told RIA Novosti on Wednesday, a member of the Federation Council, the representative of the head of Chechnya in the Middle East and North Africa Ziad Sabsabi.

Sabsabi previously told reporters that on 15 February, the first trial of the Russians, accused by the authorities of Iraq of terrorism and illegal border crossing. He said that before the court in these articles in the near future should appear only 36 of the Russians. These are women who for various reasons — fraud, blackmail, or coercion — were taken with children of men on the territory controlled by the banned terrorist organization “Islamic state”, and then after the death of heads of families abandoned to their fate. Most of them are infants and young children.

“Thanks to Almighty God and the efforts of the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, is scheduled for February 15 the trial of the women — citizens of Russia in Iraq will not take place. Court hearing postponed to early March,” the Senator said, adding that it was about the trial of five women.

According to him, time will allow them to prepare for the upcoming process more efficiently in the legal plan, gather the necessary evidence of non-participation of women in crimes incriminated to them. “Assistance will be also provided from the foreign Ministry of Russia”, — said Sabsabi.

In early August, 2017 Kadyrov has published in Instagram video shot by RT correspondents in an orphanage in Baghdad and telling of Russian children, whose parents joined the banned in Russia and some other countries, the terrorist organization ISIS*, took them out of the country, and then abandoned after the liberation of the Iraqi Mosul.

To date, about 100 women and children returned home from Iraq and Syria with the assistance of the Chechen authorities. It is the people of Chechnya, Dagestan, Ingushetia, Bashkortostan, Tver, Nizhnevartovsk, as well as citizens of Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. The return of Russians from the countries of the Middle East working group, headed by the representative of the head of Chechnya in the Middle East and North Africa Ziad Sabsabi.

Later, the procedure for the return of Russians from Iraq, visited the site of IG* complicated. As reported Sabsabi, all persons in the custody of Russian women, starting from 14 years are charged under two articles of the Iraqi legislation — terrorism and illegal crossing of the state border of Iraq. Their fate will be determined after the decision of the court of Baghdad, said the Senator.

* Banned terrorist group.