All Lvov sellers were obliged to talk to the buyers in the Ukrainian language. The corresponding decree “On regulation of language services in the provision of services, trade and inform about products and services in the city of Lviv” approved at the plenary session of the Lviv city Council on February 15, said in a statement on the official website of the Lviv city Council.
Thus, defines the basic principles of the language policy in the provision of business entities in Lviv services in the field of public service, labeling and placement of information in compliance with the norms of the current legislation.
In particular, the decree provides:
– language of communication, record keeping and documentation of local self-government bodies, enterprises, institutions and organizations of communal property in Lviv is the state language;
– signs, posters, billboards, messages, and tags must be in the state language;
– if this is done in a foreign language next to the text in a foreign language, is a translation into the national language, which in size and content can not be less than the original;
– marking and labeling of food and non-food goods, instructions on their use are performed in the state language;
– in all spheres of service of citizens used the state language;
– the transition to foreign languages are possible on request of the client (consumer) if the provider owns them.
It is noted that failure to comply with this regulation is an administrative offence under article 155 of the code of Ukraine on administrative offences.
Control over compliance with this resolution rests with the Lviv municipal enterprise “Municipal guard”.
Recall that three former President of Ukraine, Leonid Kravchuk, Leonid Kuchma and Viktor Yushchenko addressed to the current head of state Petro Poroshenko with a request to declare 2018 as the year of the adoption of the state language.
The Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin said that the approval of the Ukrainian language requires more than a year.