MOSCOW, 16 Feb â€“ RIA Novosti. Russia launches lawsuits in the US about the withdrawal of Russian diplomatic property, said the Russian foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in interview to TV channel Euronews.
The Minister expressed regret that during the year the presidency of Donald trump the US relationship with Russia has deteriorated.
“Of course, it is sad that when Donald trump for more than a year of his presidency, the relationship was not improved compared to what it was during the period of democratic administration. Even to a certain extent deteriorated. I mean, of course, weaning, raider seizure of our diplomatic property, which is contrary not only to the Vienna conventions, and principles that underpin the American Constitution and society, private property is sacred. This provision was violated, and we’re launching right now, as I said, lawsuits in the United States,” Lavrov said.
In early September, 2017 the Russian Consulate General in San Francisco, and a sales office in Washington and offices of trade mission of new York was transferred to the U.S. side at the request of the state Department. The state Department previously required to close these objects before September 2, as a response to the Russian proposal to reduce the number of employees of the US diplomatic mission in Russia. Access to the building of the Consulate General for the Russian diplomats actually closed. Russia has described the actions of an unfriendly step and promised to go to court.