Kaluga. January 15. INTERFAX – divine Liturgy at the Church of the Nativity of the blessed virgin Mary during the opening of the new monastery was celebrated by Metropolitan Kliment of Kaluga and Borovsk over the weekend, reported the press service of the regional government.
A new convent was built in honor of the Kaluga icon of the Mother of God and located in the village of Zhdamirovo in the suburbs of Kaluga. It is headed by hegumeness Paraskeva (Lyakhov).
The monastery was created at the request of the Metropolitan of Rome on the basis of the metochion of the monastery Chernogorskogo. She became the ninth Metropolitan of Kaluga monastery and seventh in the Kaluga diocese.
Over the last 20 years in the Kaluga region revived and created more than 40 monasteries and monastic farmsteads, now they are almost twice more than before the revolution of 1917.