Girls who died in the camp “Victoria”, could have lost consciousness from the carbon monoxide – Chechetkin

Children who died during a fire in a camp “Victoria” in Odessa would losing consciousness from carbon monoxide. About this informed the head of state emergency service of Ukraine Mykola Chechetkin in an interview with the Censor.no.

According to him, the exact cause of the deaths of three girls who were closed in the bedroom of the burning building until installed.

“I don’t exclude that until the massive fire in Victoria girls inhaled carbon monoxide and lost consciousness”, – said Mykola Chechetkin, answering the question of why children are unable to escape.

We will remind, on the night of 16 September in the Odessa camp “Victoria” massive fire occurred. At that time, the block where the fire happened, there were 42 children. Three of them died, three were hospitalized.

16 September 2017 under the city hall building on Dumskaya square came the parents of the children, the activists and the opposition, demanding a meeting with mayor Gennady Trukhanov and his Deputy. People tried several times to storm the city hall building.

On 18 September Deputy Prime Minister Gennady Zubko spent in Odessa, a meeting with representatives of the SES and local authorities in connection with the tragedy. In addition, on the same day was arrested by the camp Director and the teacher that was responsible for fire safety. Later the court of Appeal in Odessa was released on bail 23-year-old teacher’s camp “Victoria”.

In connection with the tragedy from office, suspended three Odessa officials.

20 September in Odessa held a massive rally, which participants demanded the resignation of the mayor of Odessa. The clashes in Duma square injured more than 30 security forces.