Terror fears lead to large delays: “This airport is full’

Roger Henning, CEO of the Homeland Security Asia-Pacific, told Radio National, on Monday the alleged plot, security agencies uncovered in the last few days, probably would have stopped have been have, if the terrorists were with a metal kitchen object as part of their deadly plan.

He said: “a metal detector would probably have this plan thwarted — but it was also possible to use other methods.

“There are other ways of blowing up the aircraft and you are certainly not covered by anything, what did the Australian government or the authorities so far.

“It would not show up no plastic explosives in a metal object, what would emerge is the metal object, and that should trigger a reaction, it is checked manually and removed.”

The Daily Telegraph reported that two would-be father and son terrorist team, connected by marriage are allegedly behind a plot to blow up an international flight out of Sydney with a homemade bomb, disguised as a kitchen meat grinder. The Federal government considers the four men without charge under tough anti-terror legislation. Investigators have to build in the week, their case against the men.

New security measures were introduced at the major Australian airports in response to the alleged action leading to major delays today.

Huge queues at airports in Sydney T2 Domestic Terminal passengers increased safety on Monday, 31. July, 2017. Image: Dean Lewins/AAP

Mr Henning said it was “ridiculous” until the politicians insist that the scanning was the key, when the “plastic-explosives deal, all metal detectors, all of which are scanners at every airport. There is no Scanner, pick-up-plastic-explosives”.

It was the same situation with the gas, he said.

“It’s really nothing to stop a gas attack, the same risk applies to the Parliament House in Canberra, where both of these things can handle, scanning…”

The Australian has said that the arrested men were allegedly for the construction of a “non-traditional” device, one that would kill the occupants of the targeted plane with poisonous gas.

News Corp is understood the plane was an international flight to the Middle East, possibly Dubai, it was the departure from Sydney.

The Australian airports have a scare about the increased security presence because of the terrorism.

Mr Henning told Radio National’s “the only chance” to prevent a plastic-explosive attack was the attention of the airport staff.

“The only chance you have is that everyone who works is formed on an airport to observe human behavior and the human intervention is the best weapon against terrorism, because the people are likely to appear out-of-character.”

But there were problems with this layer of defense.

“The only real difficulty with this in my experience is that a determined bomber or the suicide-bomber in General, exhibits serenity — you don’t look like the typical version of a bearded man with a black beard and black hair.”

He said suicide bombers all look the same.

Despite the danger, he believed that Australia’s airports were better placed than others around the world to meet the threat. Despite that he was warned not to be careless.

“Airports, go through an evacuation process have not had at least once in a year — some Australian airports, an evacuation exercise for more than a decade,” he claimed.

Earlier today, passengers on reported on the “crazy lines” at Australia’s largest airport, what is the first day of the week is tomorrow, since the news broke of the Sydney-based terrorist to blow up the plot, a plane.

The Federal government, airport management and airlines warned passengers to arrive much earlier than usual, because the security has been strengthened at the country’s largest airports.

The travelers were warned that arriving two hours before your domestic flight because of “additional control”. This International will need to fly three hours before the flight is scheduled, with safety experts, that the agreements are in place for the foreseeable future.

Tourists are also asked to limit the amount of Luggage you take to help flights, the speed of the screening process.

No changes to what is and you are not allowed to Board an aircraft.

Passengers in Sydney this morning took to social media to comment on the delays.

Crazy lines at security this morning, @Sydney airport, but fast! #Sydney airport— Sarah Loomes (@Licorice Olives) July 30, 2017

Pre-5 o’clock in the morning-security-screening – Sydney airport. pic.twitter.com/YTc3JFtSXc— Graham Ross (@Graham__Ross) July 30, 2017

Some were unprepared, and the additional time needed, after the massive advertising, the raids since Saturday, the terror, and according to airlines SMS began to passengers directly and advises them of the new measures.

Qantas, Virgin and Jetstar were the alert arriving passengers to be early — but then, wait, you would be told to check-in their bags, as they had arrived.

However, one person noted, Sydney Airport was caught short by the number of people arriving in the morning.

@Sydney airport, I love your work. To come lock people outside while you tell them, 3 hours before your flight #well played— Theodora Spathis (@Th3odoraSpathis) July 30, 2017

The increased security measures at the airport in Sydney. Give yourself extra time to clear screening. @Sydney @Qantas well done… very well done. pic.twitter.com/g6qniWujOC— Matt (@mattchamley) July 30, 2017

3AW Melbourne reported, there are large delays in the Qantas check-in at Melbourne airport. A Twitter user stated that there is Federal-police-cars OK looked back to the drop-off zones and “police everywhere”, but queues.

The Herald Sun reported AFP and Victoria police officers patrolled at the terminals of the airport in Melbourne, when long queues formed, the outer security gate.

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton confirmed to travel, the measures caused “disorder”.

“If the people do not need to not go to airports, if you go say goodbye to the beloved people to the edge of the road, if you need to in the security section, please,” he told the Nine network on Monday morning.

Sydney airport tweeted this morning, appreciate the support and patience of the passengers who had arrived early. However, some passengers have reported that the “jam-packed” T2 was complicated by a broken Luggage

Water bottles handed to people waiting in the Sydney queue, as the passengers were warned that delays could be as long as an hour

Here, the solid line is just to *in* Sydney airport this morning. 200 people? Glad I gave it 2.5 HRS between memory… #auspol pic.twitter.com/m9FdOWnbYE— Sally Rugg (@sallyrugg) July 30, 2017

#Melbourne airport this morning !#atleastitlooksscary pic.twitter.com/yRygexWQV7— iBrian (@Brian innovates) July 30, 2017

Security at Brisbane airport was also increased, after a foiled terrorist attack in Sydney. Passengers get queue to get through the security check on Sunday. Picture: Adam Head

A Twitter user, said the airport was “filled”.

“There is no chance of this flight.”

The police said it was the indication that the integrity of the airport is compromised with safety, and quiet the introduction of the increased security on Thursday began.

They were forced to act on the Saturday after the determination of the risk to public safety was too great if they waited.

On Saturday afternoon, the NSW and Federal police, shot five properties in the suburbs of Sydney, Surry Hills, Lakemba, Wiley Park and Punchbowl and arrested four men.

They are kept for a longer period of time under special legal conditions, while investigators comb through evidence.

[email protected]