Manchester United and Tottenham on alert as Everton say that Ross Barkley will be sold

Ronald Koeman has said Ross Barkley is not a part of Everton for the future and will be sold this summer, after the midfielder rejected the club-looking for quote, “a new challenge”.

Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United are interested in the midfielder and have been put on alert by the Everton manager, unequivocal statement on Wednesday. Koeman claims he was. informed by Barkley at the end of the last season that the player does not sign a new contract worth more than £100,000 per week, with his youth club Asked whether he expected to leave the 23-year-old, the Dutchman replied: “Yes, 100 percent.”

Everton should think twice before you sign Gylfi Sigurdsson for £50m

Read more

Koeman wants three more signings – Gylfi Sigurdsson, striker (Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud is in the frame) and a defensive cover for the injured Ramiro Funes Mori and said further spending was dependent on the money from Barkley.

The Spurs have a long-held interest in Barkley, and the monitoring of the developments, in the hope that Everton drop their £50m price for a player who is out of contract next summer. Daniel Levy, the Tottenham Chairman, is also reluctant to pay for Barkley of £100,000 per week. A switch to Spurs on Levy’s terms and conditions would point out that Barkley’s tense relationship with Koeman and not to follow the money on offer at Goodison Park – influenced his decision to make a fresh start.

Barkley is believed to be open to a transfer to Old Trafford, although United’s interest is not intended to be, to be strong as Tottenham. Everton, the host-MFK Ruzomberok in the Europa League third round qualifying on Thursday, a tenderer in the first leg, welcome the method of war for their homegrown midfield player. Arsenal have also been linked with a player who is recovering from minor the bar operates. His future is unlikely to solve until late in the transfer window.

Koeman said: “He had his groin surgery last week, and there will be three or four weeks back to. His personal situation is not so difficult. We had a really good offer for him to sign a new contract, he rejected the contract and told me that he is in search of a new challenge. OK, he is not in Everton’s future. It is his decision. I have to respect that, and see what happens. What I’ve heard is from the board at the moment is that there is no offer on the table for Ross.”

The Everton manager added: “It is really clear. I’m looking for other players. You are my priority, and not Ross, with all due respect, because it is his decision. Everyone knows how the situation is. He told me at the end of the last season. He still has one more year on his contract and we work respectfully with people. And after his surgery, when he sessions the training, he will be a part of the first-team.”

Everton have to travel on an extensive and expensive recruiting and remain hopeful of striking a deal for Sigurdsson, despite Swansea City insist on £50m for the Iceland international. Koeman said his other goals: “We have lost Funes Mori to a knee injury [for six to nine months] and I am on the search to replace him. We lost Romelu Lukaku and brought in Sandro Ramírez, but we are trying to sign another striker.”

The club spent almost £100m on new signings, but Koeman is not insisted that he will need to Finance in order to sell Barkley, the further purchases. “It’s not about Ross,” he said. “We have a really good job and I didn’t expect to get all the players in before the morning; some need more time, and this is all about the business. I’m still not nervous, and we have time, but we have enough new players.” As for the identity of a potential new striker, Koeman said: “I know what I like, but it’s hard.”

Everton manager, is also convinced that Gareth Barry remains with the club, despite interest from West Bromwich Albion.