Moscow. June 5. INTERFAX – the Department of city property of Moscow has disposed to transfer the ownership of the Russian Church the Church of the Nativity in Izmailovo.
It is an object of cultural heritage of Federal significance and is located at the address: Izmailovsky proezd, d. 28, the press service of the Financial-economic Department of the Moscow Patriarchate.
The Church was consecrated in 1679 by Patriarch Joachim, and was (along with the intercession Church and the now ruined Church of Prince Joasaph) temple of the Royal residence of Izmailovo.
In 1945-1950 in this Church served the famed elder, Archimandrite John (krestiankin). In the altar of the Nativity Church kept the Jerusalem icon of the Mother of God, which he gave to the community in 1998.