ANKARA, may 13 â€“ RIA Novosti, Alain Palazhchenko. The death toll in the accident of the bus with tourists in Marmaris on the route muÄŸla-Antalya in southwest Turkey has risen to 23 people, said Saturday the Governor of Mugla province Amir Cicek.
Previously, Cicek had reported 20 dead and 11 wounded and in serious condition.
“Died in hospital three more victims. Now we have 20 dead and 8 wounded,” said Cicek, the TV channel NTV.
The accident occurred at 12.30 GMT. According to preliminary data, the cause of the accident was the failure of the brakes of the bus, in the accident the car turned over on a dangerous turn of the mountain road. According to the statement of the Turkish authorities, on the bus, which was carrying tourists from the province of Izmir to Marmaris, foreigners were not.
#Turkey: At least 20 dead and 11 seriously injured in a tourist bus accident near the seaside resort of #Marmaris. pic.twitter.com/OvTE93JmES
â€” Global News (@GlobalZarfati) may 13, 2017