The Ministry of foreign Affairs of Yemen does not recognize the armistice agreement, declared Kerry

MOSCOW, 15 Nov — RIA Novosti. Foreign Minister of Yemen, Abdul Malik al-Makhlafi said that the ceasefire agreement between Houthi rebels and Saudi coalition was concluded without the knowledge of the government.

U.S. Secretary of state John Kerry said on Tuesday that the coalition, headed by Saudi Arabia and the Yemeni Houthi rebels agreed to a truce on November 17. The conflicting parties also agreed to cooperate for the creation of a national unity government by the end of the year, said Kerry during his visit to the UAE.

“We don’t know anything about the Kerry statement about the truce of Yemen, we are not interested in it. The statement by Kerry about a truce with the Houthis is not with the government of Yemen”, — quotes the TV channel Al-Jazeera, the statement of the Minister of foreign Affairs of the country.

TV channel Sky News Arabia, the Minister said that the agreement between the parties to the conflict had been concluded outside the UN and the special envoy of the organization in Yemen. “(The agreement) was reached after talks in Muscat (capital of Oman ed.), on which the government was not present. Kerry’s statement is absurd, it is a disregard for casualties among Yemenis. The American administration wants to achieve success before the end of her term of office, is groundless by the agreement,” the diplomat said in an interview.

The conflict in Yemen between the government and Shiite Houthi rebels continues in 2014. Air strikes on the rebels cause the air forces of the Arab coalition formed by Saudi Arabia for the support of the authorities. Victims of the air strikes often become residents of the rebel-controlled areas.