“The silence regime” in Damascus suburb was extended for another two days

The Russian and American sides decided to extend the “silent mode” in the suburbs of Damascus (Eastern ghouta) for another two days — until 24:00 on may 3. The journalists said the head of the Russian Center for reconciliation of the warring parties in Syria Sergey, Kurylenko, Interfax reported.

According to him, the decision and agreed with the Syrian authorities and the moderate opposition.

The decision to extend the “silence regime” in the suburbs of Damascus, was confirmed by the representatives of the Syrian Army, reports the Syrian news Agency SANA.

“Silent mode” in some parts of Syria was announced on 30 April for 24 hours in Damascus and its suburbs and for 72 hours Latakia. Later the ceasefire on the territory of Damascus was extended for a day until 24:00 on 1 may. The “silent mode” does not apply to Aleppo, which in the last few days have been shot.

As previously said, Kurylenko, at the time of “silence” prohibited conduct of hostilities and the use of all types of weapons.

On 27 February it was announced the ceasefire. However, the agreement does not apply to the banned terrorist organization “Islamic state” and “Dzhebhat EN-Nusra”.