Tekashi 6ix9ine could face a sentence of imprisonment for sexual exploitation of a child, as well as new assault charges.
The Manhattan District Attorney’s office claims the rapper has violated his 2015 plea deal in recurrence two times.
It was recommended that the 22-year-old be tried as an adult and sentenced to up to three years in prison.
The office has also asked for it to be registered under the Sex Offenders Registration Act, according to documents seen by Newsbeat.
6ix9ine, whose real name is Daniel Hernandez, originally pleaded guilty in October 2015 using a child in a sexual performance when he was 18 years old.
In a video posted online, a 13-year-old girl was seen engaging in oral sex, while Tekashi stood behind it.
In the terms of a plea deal on the original crime, it was agreed not to commit another offence for two years, so that he would not have to register as a sex offender.
However, it has failed to meet this plea deal, he was told he could face up to three years in prison.
The hip-hop star has since been arrested twice for allegedly choking a 16-year-old, in a shopping centre, in Houston, at the beginning of this year.
In May, he was arrested for driving without a licence, assaulting a police officer and obstruction of governmental administration.
Assistant District attorney Sara Weiss says that he has violated the conditions of use by a decree on additional charges and the use of social media to promote a culture of violence and glorify gang activity”.
“[These crimes] has been seriously compromised his chances of rehabilitation,” she wrote in a letter to the judge.
She also stated that the star’s behaviour weakens the argument that he should be “relieved” of a criminal record, and recommended adult, the sentencing, even though to commit a sexual offence 18 makes it eligible for “youthful offender treatment”.
Went to the court. It was good.
A post shared by FEFE NOW (@6ix9ine) on Jul 16, 2018 at 10:59 am PDT
The end of the Instagram post by 6ix9ine
6ix9ine is known for his appearance a little unconventional, controversial actions and legal issues.
He rose to fame in 2017 with the release of his first single Gummo, which peaked at number 12 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, and has released a song with Nicki Minaj and Murda Beatz last month.
The sentencing for the rapper of the case has been adjourned until 2 October.
Newsbeat has contact 6ix9ine representatives for comment, but they have not responded.
Follow Newsbeat on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Listen to Newsbeat live at 12:45 and 17:45 every day of the week on BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra – if you miss us, you can listen to it here.