The Fans want Ant as well as that is left out of the TV

ITV

Ant McPartlin has thanked the fans for all the messages of support” after the next year of the series of Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway was postponed.

On Thursday, the host said that he was going to continue to take a break from all channels of TV presenting until 2019.

End of the post to Twitter by @antanddec

The majority of the responses were positive, with one fan saying: “very proud of you Ant. We can’t wait to see in our TV.”

The star has had treatment for addiction after the admission of driving while intoxicated after a car accident in the month of March.

Another viewer wished him the best, but commented on “the devastation drunk driving can cause”.

End of the post to Twitter by @S__Morgan13

McPartlin was fined £86,000 and given a 20 month driving ban in the month of April.

Many fans said they understood that it must take a lot of time outside of his work in TELEVISION as he needs to.

End of the post to Twitter by @RalphtheMac

End of the post to Twitter by @antdec_whittal

McPartlin went into rehab in June of 2017, but returned to host I’m A Celebrity… in November.

TV critic Caroline Frost told BBC Radio 5 Live that the Ants probably had returned to the TELEVISION too early last year.

“You can make the equivalent of maybe a star football player who got back on the pitch too soon,” he said. “Ant returned last year to the adulation of his many fans, and it all went wrong again.

“Clearly, the Ant and all the people around him have learned their lessons.”

After the collision in March, McPartlin pulled the last two episodes of Saturday Night takeaway and do not present the live shows of britain’s Got Talent this year.

PA

The pair now have such Data will not return until the year 2020, and Declan Donnelly is the front of November I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! only.

Frost added that Ant and Dec “superpower” is “the chemistry between the two.”

“What of the Ant to the left behind December, he was able to pick up. I don’t think that can sustain on its own for another series of dishes to Bring, so you’ve made the right decision to the park for a series.

“It is a huge headache for ITV bosses, and the challenge is now on how to fill that void.”

Iain Lee, who appeared as a contestant on I’m A Celebrity… last year, told Good morning Britain it was prudent for the Ant to take a long break.

“I think that’s good for him, he decided that his recovery comes first,” he said.

“Some things are more important than the television, and your sobriety is more important than television.”

Follow us on Facebookand on Twitter @BBCNewsEnts, or on Instagram in bbcnewsents. If you have a story suggestion email entertainment.news@bbc.co.uk.