Little girl scary call to triple zero for help the police catch a burglar

Kate Luong used his knowledge from watching television crime shows and of his family, tips on how to react in the face of the formidable competition which is taking place in her Melbourne home.

The brave schoolgirl called triple zero last month when she saw a burglar, who would have been armed with a knife and a screwdriver to smash through a glass door at the rear of their property and make his way inside the house.

Kate, the family had slipped a few moments earlier for dinner and she was alone in the house when the incident happened at about 5.30 pm, the 31st of May.

Crying, Kate keeps her composure, as she remains on the phone to the operator describing what happens before being released by the police, who arrived on the scene within a few minutes.

“They are in the house, they broke the glass of the door,” she said.

“I’m in the house. I am in the room, near the court. I’m locked and I’m inside of a closet.”

The emergency services said that most adults would struggle to keep the cold-blooded Kate Luong has done, on the photo with his brother Mike in Melbourne. Photo: Valeriu Campan

The operator tells Kate to stay there, do not hang up, and how she is doing a great job before asking her to describe the burglar.

“Yes, I saw (him). A man with black hair, he was wearing gloves, he has as a black jacket. (It is old) to the middle years 30 to 40 years,” she said.

“Please come quickly.”

Dandenong crime investigation unit detective Senior constable Steve Woodhouse said he was “very proud” of Kate’s bravery.

“Call 000 in an emergency situation is an important lesson to teach children. It is a lesson that can never start too early,” said the Leader.

His 19-year-old brother Mike said that they had lived in the area for about a year, but now have the intention to move because the previous owner had also been a victim of a burglary.

Has 46 years old, a Springvale man has been accused of burglary aggravated, possession of a controlled weapon and breach of bail.

He was remanded to the face Dandenong Magistrates Court later this month.