Judge rules Madonna auction can go ahead

Reuters

Madonna has lost a court attempt to stop a former friend of the auction intimate items, including love letters and a hairbrush with strands of his hair.

A New York judge has rejected the pop star’s lawsuit against Darlene Lutz, saying: the period of limitation to recover his items had passed.

One of the elements is a rupture letter from the rapper Tupac, who died in 1996 and that Madonna had dated secretly.

The auction will now go ahead in July, entertainment website TMZ reports.

Madonna had said that she never knew that Mrs. Lutz was in possession of the Tupac Shakur’s 1995 letter until she heard about the online auction last year.

Getty Images

In the emotional letter, the rap legend said to be with a black man can only help his career, but that his image was going to suffer by dating a white woman.

The former couple have been in a secret relationship, which Madonna has recently spoken about publicly.

The singer and Ms. Lutz fell in 2003, and after resolution of a dispute on the illustrations of the following year, Madonna has signed a release of “all” future claims against his former friend, Judge Gerald Lebovits said in his decision made public Monday.

As such, he explained, the pop star could not sue on the items subject of the bid.

Madonna has told the court last year when it requested an injunction on the sale of its celebrity status “does not obviate my right to preserve my privacy, including with regard to highly personal items”.

Ms. Lutz lawyers have accused Madonna of “personal revenge”.