Pentagon: signs of preparation for a new chemical attack in Syria is not

The United States and its allies remain vigilant, believing that the country could remain stocks of chemical weapons

The Pentagon stated that it did not see evidence of training Syrian forces to new chemical attack after Saturday’s missile strikes USA, France and great Britain, but Washington and its allies remain vigilant.

As said on Thursday, speaking to reporters, press Secretary of the Pentagon Dana white, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad “must understand that the world will not tolerate the use of chemical weapons under any circumstances”.

United States, France and Britain launched strikes on Syria in response to chemical attack, which allegedly occurred in the Syrian city of Duma earlier this month. The US and its allies accused in the attack Assad’s forces, but Damascus and Moscow denied that chemical weapons actually were used.

According to white, after the missile strikes, “Russia immediately began a disinformation campaign to sow doubt and cover his tail”. “Russia falsely claims that the Syrian defense forces shot down a significant number of missiles, when in fact all of our missiles hit the target,” she added.

The representative of the joint chiefs of staff U.S. army General Kenneth Mackenzie said on Thursday that, according to assessments of the military leadership of the United States, all three Syrian sites that had been struck, probably still have some amount of sarin and chlorine. However, he acknowledged that in the absence of direct access to objects “is, most likely, remains an open question.”