Suspected twilight rapist Jean Barbarin, enters orders in serial sex abuse charges

SERIAL sex predator Jean Barbarin, has confessed to a sex crime spree more than 11 months reign of terror when he attacked women alone in the dark.

A catering manager by day, of 46 years, Barbarin, struck at night, and always attacked women who were alone.

On at least three occasions she was wearing the same camouflage hat, sunglasses and a hooded top during the sexual assault, and two of their victims were aged just 18 years of age.

The French-born Barbarin the hunting ground was around the University of New South Wales (UNSW) and the surroundings of the eastern Sydney suburbs of Randwick and Kingsford.

Described in a hearing last year as a doting father, Barbarin, carried out his reign of fear between April 2016 and February of last year, including a 10-day period, in which he attacked three women.

He was arrested and refused bail last November.

The policeman accused of Barbarin, with five counts of assault with an act of indecency and other charges, which prosecutors withdrew Thursday.

Arrested last November, has been arrested in Silverwater in western Sydney since a judge refused him bail arguing that he was a danger to the community and a flight risk back to her native country, France.

On Thursday, in the center of the Local court, Barbarin, pleaded guilty to five charges of indecent assault.

The police of the allegations made in a brief hearing at Parramatta Local Court last year, said Barbarin, for the first time in Kingsford on April 5, 2016.

A 38-year-old woman walking from the university campus to their car parked near a lane, she is grabbed from behind in a bear hug.

The perpetrator covered his arms to his sides, then put a hand over her mouth, dragged her backwards, before indecently assaulting her.

Of French origin, Jean Francois Barbarin, is accused of sexual harassment and assault of women at sunset in the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

Mr Barbarin, was accused of being Sydney’s Twilight rapist after an 11 month alleged reign of terror.

Eight months later, on December 8, 2016, Barbarin, ambushed a UNSW student in a street at the corner of the university, in Kingsford.

The 25-years of age, was pushed against a wall and indecently assaulted.

Over 10 days in February of last year, three more women were attacked.

Two of the victims, who were just 18 years of age, were assaulted in Randwick, and a 21-year-old woman was attacked in a street in Kingsford.

The police said CCTV of two of the crime scenes show Barbarin, in a camouflage hat, sunglasses and blue hooded jumper.

Jean Barbarin, was denied bail.

A magistrate said he was a danger to the community.

The police seized all the three items of clothing when they later raided the 46 years of the apartment.

The police said the father-of-one knew the area of Kingsford, with his house just a street away from the scene of his last assault.

Subsequently, the DNA obtained from three of the victims ‘ clothing matched the defendant’s DNA profile.

Last year, Barbarin, the then lawyer Philip Beazley argued that he should be tried under the Mental Health Act and had been dependent on drugs and alcohol at the time of the attacks.

On Thursday, Magistrate Les Mabbutt agreed to Barbarin’s guilty pleas to the five counts of assault with an act of indecency.

He refused Barbarin bail and remanded him in custody to be processed by the judgment of 6 April.