Saint-Petersburg. 2 Feb. INTERFAX – the restoration of the Church of Elijah the Prophet in SÅ‚awno in Great Novgorod was found laid in the XIX century Windows, a doorway, a staircase from the basement to the second floor, two previously unknown embedded cross numerous kolesniki.
As reported by “Interfax” on Friday in a press-service Severo-the Western direction on construction, reconstruction and restoration of the finds in the Church of Elijah the Prophet especially valuable is that in the XV century, with ancient wrought-scaled shutters – they are likely to be original.
“Suddenly opened very rare original doorway that led from the southern half of the temple’s altar in the South aisle. Among the Novgorod churches of this time there are practically no analogues”, – noted restorers.
According to experts, found the fitting cross, which is traditionally in the Novgorod temples of XIV-XV centuries was located on the first floor at the entrance from the street, this Church is located on the first floor near the portals and extend into the interior of the original Western and southern porches.
Findings is unknown at the stage of research and design parts of the monument will require further attention architects-restorers for their fixation and production of new working drawings – sketches of supervision.
In the history of the Church of Elijah the Prophet on the Nice this is her first scientific restoration. State funds in the amount of 93 million rubles were invested in reconstruction of cultural heritage – built in the mid XV century, built on the bases of the walls of the Church of the late twelfth century.
Church of Elijah the Prophet on the Nice – old Russian Church in Novgorod is known since 1105. The present building was built in 1455 on the Foundation built 1198-1202 years.
Located in the southern part of the market side on Znamenskaya street. It is assumed that the temple was built in the early period of Christianity in Novgorod, perhaps at the location selected in 980 to the pagan God Perun.