The defense Ministry told about the search for “San Juan” device “Panther plus”

MOSCOW, December 14 — RIA Novosti. Russian sailors aboard the Navy of Argentina “Islas Malvinas” has made 12 dives of the remotely operated underwater vehicle (TNLA) “Panther plus” to search for the Argentine submarine “San Juan”, reported the Department of information and mass communications of the Russian defense Ministry.

“In particular, from the ship of the Navy of Argentina “Islas Malvinas” Russian professionals at this point in time, made 12 dives TNLA “Panther plus” in depth from 135 to 1050 meters, which was discovered and classified two sunken fishing trawler, the accumulation of sediments and two concrete blocks. After a routine inspection of the equipment complex “Panther Plus” in the port of Puerto Belgrano and objectives, the experts of the Navy of Russia will continue work in the area of the submarine “San Juan”, — stated in the message.

It is noted that with the help of Russian experts examined all the points of the anomalies of the bottom topography on the plan of the first phase of the search for the missing submarine “San Juan” of the Navy of Argentina. Work will be continued.

As reported previously arrived in the designated area of the Oceanographic research vessel “Yantar” explored the seabed in the search area search equipment. Was discovered the bottom of the hill and coral fields, the rocky sediment of the bottom soil and the differences of depths with rocky soil.

Added that manages the group of specialists of the Russian Navy, the head of Scientific research Institute of rescue and undersea technologies for Military Training and research center of the Navy the captain of 1 rank Sergey Bashmakov.

Submarine of the Navy of Argentina “San Juan” has ceased to leave on communication, November 15 at the transition from the naval base Ushuaia to Mar del Plata. At the time of last communication with submarines reported the accident. On Board were 44 people, including the first ever Argentinean woman-submariner Eliana Maria Krawczyk. Representatives of the Navy reported a single explosion, which can be associated with the disappearance of the “San Juan”.

15 days after the disappearance of the submarine of naval forces of Argentina said that the operation to rescue 44 crew members of the submarine “San Juan” is terminated, but will continue the search for the submarine.