Savelovsky district court of Moscow satisfied the claim of Mikhail Kostenko with the requirement to return him 50 thousand rubles, which he donated to the presidential campaign of opposition leader, founder of the Fund of struggle against corruption (FBK) Alexei Navalny. About it reports the Russian Agency of legal and judicial information (RAPSI) on Wednesday, November 29.
From the case materials that Kostenko donated to the election campaign Bulk cash, not knowing that a politician can claim to the highest office because of a conviction. Subsequently, the man decided through the courts to recover this amount as unreasonable enrichment. A defendant in the suit is the head of the election headquarters of Bulk Leonid Volkov.
“The plaintiff learned that the Bulk has a conviction, and in accordance with the law can not take part in the presidential elections. In addition, doubts were aroused by the fact that repeated visits Bulk abroad in the absence of work”, â€” said the claimant’s lawyer Ilya Craft.
The representative of the defendant, in turn, provided at the hearing a receipt for the return Kostenko 50 thousand rubles. However, he clarified that the funds are spent on the opening and operation of the headquarters of Navalny, on his trips around the country.
Alexei Navalny has announced plans to run for the presidency in December last year. The CEC then has repeatedly pointed out the lack of this right. In October, the CEC Chairman, Ella Pamfilova said that by law, Navalny will run only “somewhere in 2028 plus five months.”
The opposition leader together with his brother Oleg were found guilty on charges of embezzlement of company funds “Yves Rocher” in 2014. He got 3.5 years suspended sentence and 5 years probation, which in August 2017. Oleg sent to the colony of General regime for 3.5 years.
Regular elections of the President of Russia will be held in March 2018, the campaign is supposed to start in December.