Moscow. 12 Oct. INTERFAX – the Department of garkusheva of Moscow has disposed to transfer the ownership of the Russian Orthodox Church the building of the temple of Peter and Paul by the Yauza gate in the capital’s Lefortovo district.
As noted by the Financial and economic management of the Russian Church, the Church is the object of cultural heritage of Federal importance. It was built in 1700-1702 years on the site of the former, is not preserved to the present time.
The Central altar of the temple was consecrated in honour of icon Bozhiej of Mother “the Sign” North – in the name of the apostles Peter and Paul. In 1731 the main building was built South of the chapel, consecrated in honor of the Kazan icon. In 1771, erected the bell tower. The temple was seriously damaged by fire in 1748, but was quickly rebuilt by the parishioners.
In Soviet times the Church was closed. By the decree of Patriarch Alexy II of December 31, 1999, the parish Church of the apostles Peter and Paul was converted at the Patriarchal metochion, which was established the mission of the Serbian Orthodox Church under the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia.