Simferopol. May 5. INTERFAX – a Wooden Church in honor of the monks, Alexander Peresvet and Andrei Oslabya Radonezhsky, the heroes of the Kulikovo battle, will be open on Saturday in Sevastopol, reported the press service of the Sevastopol deanery.
The rite of consecration of the Church and the Liturgy it will make the Metropolitan of Simferopol and Crimea Lazar in the presence of the command of the southern military district, black sea fleet of Russia and heads of Sevastopol and Crimea.
Divisional temple was founded in the Crimean Union of air defense forces of Sevastopol less than a year ago, in July of 2016, in September, consecrated and installed the dome and cross.
This is the second temple after the monks Peresvet and Oslabya, the first is located in the Moscow district of Butovo.
Alexander of Radonezh, in the world Peresvet, Bryansk was a nobleman and a skilled warrior. In 1380, Prince Dimitry Donskoy, having received of St. Sergius of Radonezh blessing at the battle of Kulikovo, asked him in support of two soldiers – brothers Alexander Peresvet and Andrei-Oslabya.
Before the battle of Peresvet took up the challenge of warrior Chelubey of the troops of Mamaia and engaged him in single combat. “The soldiers hit the spears, both fell from their horses and died. Draw the outcome is revealed to the spiritual power of the blessing of the monk Sergei, was encouraged by Russian troops and became the key to their historic victory,” – said in the Sevastopol deanery.
Local time of the canonization of St. Alexander and Andrew are unknown. In the XVII century, their names were put in the calendar. In 1981 they were incorporated into the Cathedral of saints of Radonezh. The memory of the warrior monks determined to celebrate on the eve of the feast of the Nativity of the virgin (the day of the battle of Kulikov) – 20 Sep.