Sechin called the condition for the failure of privatization of “Bashneft”

Despite statements by Vice Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich, presidential aide Andrei Belousov, head of the MAYOR and the Ministry Alexei Ulyukayev and Alexander Novak, as well as informal instruction of President Vladimir Putin, the head of “Rosneft” Igor Sechin refused to participate in the privatization of “Bashneft”, the newspaper “Vedomosti”.

“And the government gave us Directive prohibiting to participate in the privatization? No!” — said Sechin to the question whether the company to withdraw the application for participation in privatization, and was advised to go to the government.

Press Secretary of Prime Minister Natalia Timakova has forwarded the question to the Ministry. The representatives of Dvorkovich and first Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov not the requests are not answered. According to the representative of Rosimushchestvo, the Ministry of the Directive have not yet received. Ulyukayev noted that the Directive was not given “Rosneft” and “Rosneftegaz”.

The Federal official in an interview with “Vedomosti” said that no directives not to accept them will not. “A common position on participation “Rosneft” in this privatization and legal ways this participation to implement it,” he said.

According to the newspaper, Rosneft still sees no reason for the ban, as stated in sent August 5 letter to Sechin Ulyukayev. In this Sechin stressed that, formally, Rosneft is a state company, and lists the negative effects of its suspension from participation in the privatization — in particular, reduction of investment attractiveness, its value and rating, creating a risk of violation of the rights and interests of minority shareholders, who may file lawsuits against Board members for damages.

“Integration “Bashneft” with the subsequent sale of shares of “Rosneft” will allow not only to preserve the integrity of the assets of “Bashneft”, but will also support plans for the privatization of “Rosneft” at a premium to current market value through the monetization of synergy”, — said Sechin in the letter and asks the speaker to consider the position of the company in the preparation of the report to the Cabinet on the privatization of “Bashneft”.

The representative of “Rosneft” the letter has not commented, but said that the correspondence with the government on this subject was carried out. The representative of the MAYOR declined to comment. A source in the Ministry said that the letter Sechin “is under consideration”.

From the letter “VTB capital” Director of the Department of economic development Oksana Tarasenko, according to “Vedomosti”, it follows that initially, Rosneft was included in the list of potential buyers at the first number.

As previously wrote Bloomberg , citing two familiar with the source, President Vladimir Putin refused to allow the participation of “Rosneft” in the privatization of the controlling stake of the company “Bashneft”.