The defense Ministry of Russia and the USA on 26 July held a videoconference to discuss issues of safety at carrying out of operations in Syria, reported the press service and information of the defense Ministry.
“Noted that over the past nine months since the signing of the Memorandum [of understanding to ensure the safety of aviation in the course of operations in the airspace of Syria], he demonstrated its high efficiency”, — stated in the message of the Ministry of defence (quoted by “RIA Novosti”).
The press office also notes that established in accordance with this document channels of communication to minimize the risk of incidents between aircraft of Russia and the US-led coalition. The Pentagon and the Ministry of defence during the videoconference also discussed additional measures to ensure security.
“Contacts between Russian and American experts on bilateral relations will continue. Agreed to hold the next video conference at the end of August 2016,” — concluded the press service of Minoborona.
Earlier on Tuesday, July 26, held talks on Syria took place between the Russian foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of state John Kerry. According to Lavrov, he discussed with Kerry the situation in Syria in the context of the effectiveness of the fight against terrorists and discussed the steps that can be taken for the implementation in practice of agreements on Syria. Kerry after the meeting said he hoped to announce details of the plan of cooperation between Russia and USA on Syria in early August, reports Reuters. The Secretary said that in recent days, in the promotion of this plan, progress has been made.