The U.S. state Department spokesman John Kirby
USA 17 Jun expelled two Russian officials, told reporters on 8 July, U.S. state Department spokesman John Kirby. According to him, in this step the American government took in response to the attack on a U.S. diplomat at the Embassy in Moscow.
“June 17, we sent two Russian officials from the United States in response to the attack” — quoted John Kirby Reuters. According to the Agency, the state Department spokesman refused to provide more details on the expulsion of Russians.
Previously Kirby reported that on 6 June the Russian police attacked an accredited U.S. diplomat while trying to enter the building of the American Embassy in Moscow. “This action was not what provoked and threatened the safety of our officers,” he said.