Moscow reported a “fierce battle” in Aleppo with the participation of 2 thousand fighters

Armed groups in Aleppo, may 2016

Militants groups “Dzhebhat EN-Nusra” and armed groups of “Ahrar al-sham” (both group banned in Russia) are waging a fierce battle in the quarter Sheikh-Massed in Northern Aleppo, it is attended by about 2 thousand fighters. This was announced by the representative of the Russian centre for reconciliation the warring parties in Syria, reports “Interfax”.

He said that the attack positions of the Kurdish militia and volunteers from local residents. “On the outskirts of the quarter of Sheikh Maqsood is a fierce battle. Militia knocked out several armored vehicles of militants”, — said the representative of the centre. According to him, now there where more than 2 thousand militants of different terrorist groups and detachments of the so-called “moderate opposition”.

“Taking advantage of a cease of hostilities and that the troops of this terrorist organization are located in the same areas, and the formation of so-called “moderate opposition”, which blows the Russian space forces and the Syrian air force was not applied, “Dzhebhat an-Nusra” carried out a regrouping of forces, replenished their supplies of arms and ammunition and started active actions”, said the representative of the centre. He added that the militants have enough ammunition and weapons.

Earlier, the representative of the Russian center announced that as a result of artillery strike “Dzhebhat an-Nusra” in the areas and the airport in Aleppo has killed more than 40 people, about 100 injured. According to them, the terrorists used RZSO, barreled artillery, mortars and anti-aircraft guns.

Earlier on 4 June, Reuters quoted the Syrian Observatory for human rights reported that the Syrian army entered in the province of raqqa, which is the main stronghold of the “Islamic state” (banned in Russia).

June 1, thousands of rebels, supported by the United States, launched an offensive on the positions of ISIS in Aleppo. It was reported that the main forces of the operation — Syrian Arabs and Kurds. According to the American official, who cited Reuters, Turkey supported the offensive.

From February 27, in Syria a regime of a ceasefire agreed between Russia and the United States. According to the plan, this time with military action, including air strikes by the Syrian air force, Russian space forces and the US-led coalition, will continue only in respect of the banned in Russia “Islamic state” and “Dzhebhat EN-Nusra” and other terrorist organizations identified by the UN security Council.