The Chechen Republic this year will miss the spring draft that began in Russia on 1 April. About TASS reported the military Commissioner of Chechnya, Ahmed Dzheirkhanov.
“Sending this year will not be, because the adaptation of our guys, because almost a quarter of a century the Chechens were not in the army,” he said.
According to the Commissioner, and at the moment an analysis of how the service previously recruited Chechens. He added that sending young people from Chechnya in the army will become systematic, as in other regions of Russia, if the adaptation of new recruits will go well. Potential conscripts in Chechnya is more than 86 thousand people, said Dzheirkhanov.
First more than 20 years of extensive call conscripts from Chechnya passed in the fall of 2014, then the quota was 500 people. The decision to call the Chechens took defense Minister Sergei Shoigu at the request of the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov. Kadyrov called the event “a great political success” and stressed that military service is “a matter of prestige for every resident of the Republic”.
March 31, 2016, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree on conscription for military service 155 thousand people. The call will take place from 1 April to 15 July of the current year.