Mobile rocket-space complex “Sea launch”
The project “Sea launch”, which is used to launch rockets from a floating platform in the Pacific ocean Prodan, told journalists the head of Roscosmos Igor Komarov. He commented on the publication that the project has found a buyer, reports “RIA Novosti”.
“I can say that close to the truth, but who is the investor and the scope of the contract, can not say. Still, the paperwork required,” said Komarov, noting that details of the agreement can be declared at the end of April.
The head of Roscosmos added that the purchase of the “Sea launch” was interested investors from the USA, Europe and China.
Earlier on Wednesday, the TASS source in the space industry said that the project “Sea launch” has found a buyer and the paperwork can be completed in the coming days. Information about the investor, the spokesman refused to disclose, citing the agreement on trade secrets.
How much are the launch sites
RBC has learned how much cost spaceports for orbital space launches in different countries of the world, built over the last 20 years. The cost of such a complex and unique object, as the cosmodrome,…
Showing 10 photos
International consortium “Sea launch” was established in 1995 for commercial launches of carrier rockets from the Pacific ocean. After the reorganization in 2010, 95% of the shares of the consortium went to “daughter” RSC “Energia”, 3% — the American Boeing and 2% Norwegian Aker Solutions.
In 2014, the project was shelved due to the events in Ukraine, however, Russian authorities goushala defrosting of the project. In early 2015 it was reported that used in “Marine start” Ukrainian missile “Zenit” will replace the Russian “Angara”.
In March last year, an informed source TASS reported that the RSC Energia can offer the Russian space Agency to buy the project. Other options, according to the interlocutor of the Agency, were the bankruptcy of the Sea launch or sale to foreign investors.